We want you to know that The Vine Fellowship is closely monitoring the constantly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We place the highest priority on the safety of our congregation and friends. We are committed to doing everything in our power to help stop the spread of this potentially deadly virus.
As the situation continues to change, this page will serve as the most up-to-date place for you to get answers concerning The Vine Fellowship.
On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 10 am, we will worship at out new outdoor worship location at 2650 Southeast Boulevard, Clinton, NC, 28328. This area is completely shaded with oak trees. Bring a blanket and/or chair and worship with us.
Masks are recommended by not required.
We have prayed deeply about when to begin meeting again. We realize that "technically" we could meet inside at reduced numbers but we do not feel this is wise at this time. We have reached out to a number of different agencies and people over the past few weeks for advice on outdoor gatherings. After considering the information they shared with us, we believe we are safe to begin to gather outdoors. We understand you and your family may choose to wait until some future date to gather with us and we want you to know that we completely support that decision. Our main goal is for everyone to remain healthy and safe during this time.
With that said we need to share a few guidelines for our weekend outdoor gathering:
- Bring your own blanket or chair as we gather in the grass or in the parking lot to worship together.
- We ask that you practice social distancing as outlined by the CDC. Please position yourself and your family at least 6 feet from others. Refrain from personal contact.
- We encourage masks if that makes you more comfortable.
- Please arrive early to park and secure your area of the grass or parking lot.
- We will have a team helping with parking.
- We ask that anyone who is able to park in our overflow parking between The Vine and Dairy Queen. We will have flags to mark this area.
- We will not offer a nursery, but as always we welcome our kids to be a part of our service.
- Restrooms will be open in the building. We ask that you refrain from gathering inside and practice social distancing when entering and exiting the building.
- We will email PDF of song lyrics so you can bring your own copy on Sunday. You will also find our weekly liturgy posted on our website. We will not be providing hard copies of lyrics.
- If you are sick or in a high risk category, please join us on our VINE FELLOWSHIP YOUTUBE channel for the livestream.
We thank you for your patience during this time. Please continue to pray for our leadership as we make these decisions going forward. Our desire is to glorify the Lord and keep everyone safe.
May the Lord bless us and guide us in the days to come.
What is the current plan for worship services at The Vine Fellowship?
Following the direction of the CDC as well as federal, state, and local governments, we will not gather for indoor worship at The Vine Fellowship until at least July 5, 2020.
We did not arrive at this decision to cancel indoor services lightly. We love the "Gospel Rhythm" of gathering together. We believe there is great value in the gathering together of the saints to worship God and fellowship with our brothers and sisters. However, we cannot ignore the need for "social distancing" in this situation. We believe the wise decision is to adhere to the recommendations of the experts and to suspend indoor worship services until a time when it is safe to resume meeting together.
While, we will be unable to meet for indoor corporate worship we encourage you to continue to abide in Christ through the "Gospel Rhythms" we have been covering such as: Rest (sabbath), Retreat (silence and solitude), Prayer, Fasting, Study (reading, studying, meditating, memorizing God's Word). You may practice these individually or as a family.
What is the current plan for small groups associated with The Vine Fellowship?
All small group ministries have been cancelled until further notice. This includes those meeting in various homes as well as our Vine Kids and Vine Students ministries.
We understand how vital our small group ministry is to many of you and had hoped to continue meeting in these groups. However, with phase 2 recommendations to limit groups to less than 10 we believe at this time all groups should be suspended.
We will let you know when this changes and we are able to resume our small group ministries.
How can my family practically "abide" during this time?
We want to equip you and your family with the necessary tools to help you abide in Christ during the next few weeks or months. Later this week, you will find guides here we pray will benefit you while we wait for this crisis to end.
Here are a few ways we can worship while we wait:
- Spend dedicated time in prayer. Keep a journal. Write down you thoughts and prayers for yourself and others. Use the A.C.T.S. method if you find this helpful (Adoration - Confession - Thanksgiving - Supplication).
- Read and study your Bibles. Use the plan in our latest guide or find a reading plan online. We will have a detailed guide soon.
- Interact with others. This will be a lonely time for many people. Reach out to those in your small group/church family/neighborhood/etc. We may not be able to gather together, but this does not mean we stop communicating. Use this time to encourage others. Send a card or a text or call someone to encourage them in this difficult time.
Do you get our REMIND text messages? Here's how to make sure you do:
Text the message @tvfnews to the number 81010.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Join our REMIND Prayer group:
Text the message @vinepray to the number 81010.
Let us know if you have any questions.
We have had a number of you inquire about tithes and offerings going forward. If you are able and would like to continue to support The Vine Fellowship and our ministries, you may do so in two ways:
- Use our online giving portal. This is safe and secure and completely customizable to meet your needs. You will find that here: Online Giving.
- You may send donations to our mailing address:
The Vine Fellowship
PO Box 581
Clinton, NC 28329
We thank you for your tithes and offerings and as always seek to be good stewards of the Lord's resources.
We are committed to serving you! In an effort to help us provide you with the best support and care during this crisis, please complete the following information for your household.
Our Elders will be following up with you and checking to see how we may best serve you.
Should you need anything, please do not hesitate to call or text Pastor Matt at (910) 379-6374 or email him at .
Stay safe and healthy!
The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. (ESV)